February 18, 2011
I’d like to thank all the new readers who’ve found their way over here in the past few days, especially dguller, whose persistent questioning has caused me to realize that my blog is nowhere near as organized as it was before importing to WordPress. Certain questions indicate that new readers might be unfamiliar with what I’ve written on the subject of consciousness. This is my fault, because as I said, the blog suffered some pretty heavy disorganization in the import process, and the majority of my consciousness posts weren’t previously accessible via the consciousness category, which only contained about a half-dozen entries as of yesterday.
I’ve been doing some housekeeping to make previous writings on consciousness more accessible to new readers. I spent a few hours locating the foundational posts, and made sure they are filed under the consciousness category, which now has about twenty entries. I also added a link to my series of rebuttals to Ebonmuse’s essay, A Ghost In The Machine, in the Series homepage, accessible from the green tabs above the TWIM header. Lastly, I doctored up a few posts for formatting issues, as the XML import didn’t go so smooth. If you notice any posts with particularly atrocious formatting issues, by all means, please let me know.
With all that said, I offer the following questions as a starting point for anyone interested in dialog about consciousness:
2) Have you taken a look at this Phenomena / Consciousness Chart?
3) Have you answered or at least contemplated answers to these questions?
4) To those who would demand persuasive evidence of consciousness existing apart from a human body, have you answered the questions at the end of this post?
6) Have you familiarized yourself with my series of rebuttals to Ebonmuse’s essay, A Ghost In The Machine?
7) Have you read A.J. Ayer’s account of his own NDE [PDF, 64KB]?